Month: October 2012
Ok…I have never taken a photo of someone’s gravesite before for the purpose of novelty, and to be honest, I felt a little weird doing it (not spooked weird, just weird). Regardless of any weirdness, I was driving through Plainfield, WI yesterday and decided that Halloween was as good a time as any to stop by Ed Gein’s original gravesite for a photo. If you don’t know about Ed Gein, I am not sure you will even want to Google it – he was the inspiration for several horror movies. Some believe that they never actually moved him. His stone is gone, but if you look close you will see a small rock that someone placed between his brother and mother – I have seen others report golf balls and other items. I colorized the photo for eerie effect (ok, so I actually colorized it to take away from the eeriness). Happy Halloween, everyone!
The primary purpose of this blog was to be a personal creative outlet so I could express my natural sense of wonderment at all things beautiful, ugly, just “eh”, meaningful, quirky, amusing, and laugh-out-loud funny in this world. That someone enjoys my posts enough to think of me for something like this is amazing to me, especially since I am constantly lurking on the blogs of others to learn from and appreciate their work. I am honored and would like to send a heartfelt thank you to choose my way, a blogger I admire whose personality shows in every post, something I hope to be more mindful of in the future.
Beautiful Blogger Award Rules:
The idea behind the Beautiful Blogger Award is to recognize some of the bloggers we read for their hard work and inspiration.
1. Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and place it in your post.
2. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
3. Tell 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 7 other bloggers for their own Beautiful Blogger Award, and comment on their blogs to let them know.
7 Things About Myself
1. I write poetry and short stories, none of which have made it onto my blog yet. In the past, I have also written short plays and have a secret desire to write scripts for infomercials 🙂
2. I am a Gen-Xer that still doesn’t know what I want to be when I grow up, but I think I am getting closer.
3. My favorite hobby is “learning new things”, evidenced by the scads of unfinished projects sitting in my basement…
4. One of the reasons I love Halloween is because it is the only time of the year that “pretending” is socially acceptable for adults.
5. I have lived all over the U.S. as a Navy brat, but have made my home in the Midwest (I agree with choose my way…visit Chicago!).
6. Good quality dark chocolate and red wine is my favorite dessert.
7. I love to love life and make others feel good about themselves they way they are right now, today.
7 Beautiful Blogger Nominees
I wish I could nominate more!
I do believe my camera was foreign to these three goats…
The combination of this week’s Sunday Post challenge, “Toys”, and in honor of a blog that is fast becoming a favorite of mine, Bricks & Pics, I dug up two photos of life-size Star Wars lego figures I took while visiting NYC. I’ve been inspired to also dig up my actual toys for some playful photo shoots, as well…now if I could only find them…