The sweet, lovely, and talented Alison at ALISONIDEAS has nominated me for the R.E.A.L.I.T.Y Blog Award. She has an amazing story and an amazingly positive, fun, and quirky (in a good way!) attitude that shows through her journaling and photos. Thank you for thinking of me for this award, Alison!
So, like other blogger-to-blogger awards, there is a short q&a and a pay-it-forward element (for this award, there are 8 nominees):
1) If you could change something what would you change?
- Good dark chocolate, whisky, and wine would all be considered diet foods and part of a healthy, balanced diet.
2) If you could repeat an age, what age would it be?
- This one is hard…there are so many years that I could repeat… 🙂 Probably 21 or 22 because I didn’t know nearly enough about myself then to be making the huge life decisions I made. No regrets, but it would have been nice to know more about myself.
3) What one thing really scares you?
- The zombie apocalypse. Hands down. I am not a fast runner, nor do I think I am athletic enough to beat something with a shovel.
4) What one dream have you not completed yet and do you think you will be able to complete it?
- My aspirational dreams change all the time. However, I have always wanted to own vintage mid-century cars – especially a muscle car. Oh…and an old Airstream. I think those are attainable goals…
5) If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be?
- Maybe Joss Whedon so I can find out how his mind works…
Blogs I Nominate (seriously, go check them out!)
I am not sure about the “yippee”, but all of these blogs are real, energizing, amazing, lovely, inspiring, and touching. In no particular order:
WISIWIS (What I See is What I Shoot). Wonderful photos, culture and stories from Moscow – very talented!
arooseyeview. I admire this blogger’s ability to take artistic shots of ordinary items…like a trivet or ear buds. Check it out!
Rose Colored Photo. A talented photo blogger with an incredibly positive attitude and a commitment to posting one photo a day, something I have not yet had the courage to pledge. She has been incredibly kind and helpful to me and I look forward to growing and learning with her.
My Blog with Pretty Pictures. Check out this blog for some great, artistic, and sometimes raw street photography, all done with a smart phone!
choosemyway. Architecture, life, and humor from a Chicago photo blogger. His personality shows in every shot, and his blog has made me realize I need to be more purposeful with my work.
Skyheart Photography. Another great photo-a-day blog, who claims to be a ‘fauxtographer’, but I think the ‘faux’ can be replaced with ‘pho’ 🙂
rprtphoto. One of my favorite outdoor photographers. The title stands for “right place, right time”, something I have always believed about my photos – part technical knowledge, part preparation (having your camera with you), and part “right place, right time”. Check it out for some great, mostly outdoor, photography – and pay attention to the witty titles, some of them really crack me up!
adriancharliehoran. A young blogger who writes about whatever comes to mind in a witty, entertaining, and positive way.